LOCAL EATS IN THE LEDUC REGION
Indulge in regionally produced beverages perfect for summer sippin’
Few things compare to the first sip of a delicious and refreshing drink on a hot summer day. The Leduc Region has a growing local beverage scene, so it should come as no surprise you don’t have to look very far for that perfect summer drink. Flavored spirits, craft beers, cold brew – regional producers have it all.
Read on to learn about locally sourced beverages made for summer sippin’.
Summer Cocktail Ideas from Rig Hand Craft Distillery
As the first craft distillery in the Leduc Region, Rig Hand has established itself as a leader in the local beverage industry. Offering a wide range of high-quality spirits including vodkas, gins, brums, ryes, and whiskeys, endless possibilities exist for you to create the perfect cocktail. Here’s just a few summer drink ideas for your next backyard BBQ or patio bevy:
- Rig Hand Raspberry Iced Tea – Simply add a splash of Rig Hand Raspberry Vodka to your favorite iced tea for an innovative yet classic summer sipper (best served over ice).
- Scary Good Mint Mojito – Mix Rig Hand Ghost Brum (sugar beet white rum) with sugar, lime juice, soda water, ice, and muddled mint for a refreshing treat.
- Rig Hand Garlic Caesar – Grab some clam and elevate your favorite Caesar or Bloody Mary recipe to the next level by using Rig Hand’s Garlic Vodka (Caesar Sunday anyone?) .
Craft Beers from Rural Routes Brewing Co.
We’re crazy about Leduc’s very own craft brewing company, and hope you are too. Rural Routes opened its doors in Fall of 2018, and has been impressing visitors and locals alike with a diverse selection of craft beers. Featuring bold yet well-balanced flavors and colorful, iconic packaging, their beers are both delicious and instantly recognizable. Here’s some of our favorites to enjoy on a hot summer day:
- Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows IPA – Don’t be fooled by the name, because this IPA packs a punch in the best of ways! With fruity notes of pineapple, grapefruit, and orange, this craft beer will be a ray of sunshine on even the most cloudy of days.
- Staycation Pineapple Blonde – A bright, uncomplicated beer with a nice dry hint of tropical pineapple. Easy drinking, light, and our pick for an afternoon beer on your deck.
- Neon Cowgirl Milkshake IPA – The name sounds like a party, and that’s exactly what this beer is! Notes of fresh coconut, pineapple, and generous hopping transport you to a tropical paradise – throw on your shades and enjoy.
Cold Brew from Alternate Route Coffee Co.
With a vision of everyone having the opportunity to brew and enjoy fresh roasted coffee, Alternate Route Coffee Co. has been making waves in the local coffee scene. This summer, they have launched a bottled cold brew, and it is everything you could hope for on a hot summer’s day. Smooth, refreshing, highly caffeinated – it’ll hit the spot and leave you refreshed and energized.
- Special Summer Drink Idea – Looking to add a little extra something to that delicious bottle of Alternate Route Cold Brew? For a special treat, we recommend pouring the cold brew over ice and stirring in some award-winning Rig Hand Double Double Coffee Cream liqueur.
If you weren’t thirsty before you started reading this, you are now. Next time you’re looking for a cool summer drink to beat the heat, support local and indulge in one of the great beverage products above.