OUTDOOR ADVENTURES IN THE LEDUC REGION
Enjoy the natural beauty the Leduc Region has to offer…
We’ve all been anxiously waiting for parks, campgrounds, and trails to reopen. As days get longer, the weather gets warmer, and many outdoor activities become safe to participate in again, now is the time to explore the natural beauty the Leduc Region has to offer. Keep reading to learn more about 3 reasons you should get outside this month.
Please be sure to verify the status of all places/activities ahead of time – refer to our COVID-19 Update Section for more information.
1. Explore scenic landscapes at a local park
A number of different park spaces are now open and ready to welcome you and your family back for some outdoor fun. Enjoy the sun, bring along a picnic lunch, and pack some games to keep the kids entertained. Your next day trip is sure to be a memorable one at one of these local parks in the Leduc Region:
- Genesee Heritage Park
- New Sarepta Community Parks
- Sunnybrook Community Park
- Mission Beach Community Park
- The park spaces and trails at the Nisku Recreation Centre
- Other parks and greenspaces in the City of Leduc (including Telford Lake)
***Practicing physical distancing, limiting group sizes, and following public health orders are still necessary to ensure your next trip to one of these local parks is a safe and enjoyable one
2. Get outdoors and get active in the Leduc Region
Organized sports may still be on hold at the moment, but that shouldn’t stop you from bringing out the tennis rackets, ball gloves, or golf clubs. Sports-related activities you and your family can now enjoy include:
- Casual use of Leduc Region ball diamonds, athletic fields, and tennis courts
- A round of golf at Leduc Golf Club, RedTail Landing, or Eagle Rock Golf Course
Maybe something a little more relaxed is closer to your speed?
- Stretch out your legs and get some exercise on Leduc’s Multiway Trail System
- Bring along your favourite furry friend(s) and watch them run and play at one of Leduc’s Off-leash Dog Parks
- Put your green thumb to good use by paying a visit to Leduc’s Community Garden Plots or various garden centres
3. Escape everyday stress on a local lake
The sun warming you from above, cool wind in your face, the sound of the water beneath you – few things can compare to that feeling of being on the open water. It’s time to get the boat ready for the season; remember to pack the lifejackets, and don’t forget to bring some sunscreen. Boat launches in the Leduc Region that have remained open include:
- Wizard Lake Boat Launch (Jubilee Park)
- Pigeon Lake Boat Launch (Gilwood Beach)
- Telford Lake Boat Launch
***Please note that the Leduc Boat Club is unable to open their rentals to the public at this time – check their official COVID-19 Statement for more information
Have fun getting outside this month!